Why do I need to be a member of I Volunteer Perth-Huron?
As an online Volunteer Centre, I Volunteer Perth-Huron engages in activities and services that relate to these four core areas as defined by Volunteer Canada:
- promoting volunteerism and citizen engagement
- connecting people to opportunities
- building organizational capacity for volunteer engagement
- providing leadership on issues related to volunteer engagement
Working collaboratively and encouraging involvement are two of the foundational values that developed I Volunteer Perth-Huron, and these same values will allow this online volunteer centre to evolve and grow into the go-to site for everything volunteer in our two counties.
As a member organization, you will be in a position to provide valuable insight and feedback on the site. As importantly, you will benefit from:
- Recruitment and Referral tools with a recognizable local feel, for:
- ongoing volunteer opportunities
- featured immediate opportunities
- cross pollination of postings: shared to local educational institution sites, for example
- Curated Resource listings and links to volunteer cycle management tools to help with:
- recruitment and screening
- orientation, training and coaching
- Shared Marketing and Volunteerism Promotion
- Professional Development Opportunities
Because the site is operated on a not-for-profit basis, membership fees are kept affordable. Leveraging the collective nature of the enterprise allows associated costs to be borne and shared by the many member organizations.
The results of a 2015 wide-reaching survey of not-for-profit organizations in Perth and Huron Counties on the subject of membership fee ranges, supported an annual membership fee schedule as follows:
- Not-for-profit organizations: $50
- For-profit organizations: $100
We will keep membership costs low thanks to the ongoing support of current and future funding partnerships, and the robust support of community organizations.
How do I become a member of I Volunteer Perth-Huron?
Affordable annual membership fees from VIOs (Volunteer-involving organizations) like yours, play a critical role in supporting the operational costs of maintaining the site’s activities and services. Click here for the membership application and payment options. The member year runs from December 1 to November 30.